Other Entries by Paul Caton (from psc cd).

Search Results: Page 1 of 1 found. Entries 1 - 14 of 14 found
  Description
Compatibility
Level/
Author
Views/
Date
Submitted
User Rating

Call CDECL DLL's - impossible?Call CDECL DLL's - impossible?VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
7409 since
4/6/2018 12:31:14 PM

By 40 Users

Updated November 2007, fix a DEP problem. CDECL DLL functions cannot be called from Visual Basic... or so they'll tell you... such dll's use a incompatible technique for parameter stack cleanup. The included class uses VB+ASM to slay the "impossible" cdec ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Copy memory FAST using MMX/SSE. UpdatedCopy memory FAST using MMX/SSE. UpdatedVB 6.0Intermediate /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
2971 since
2/4/2015 1:58:00 PM

By 26 Users

I was wondering whether MMX/SSE instructions could be employed to improve on the performance of CopyMemory for large blocks of data. Well, as you can from the screenshot, in some scenarios huge benefits can be wrought. Though I have to state, overall, the ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Fastest, safest subclasser, no module!Fastest, safest subclasser, no module!VB 5.0, VB 6.0Advanced /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
3556 since
1/26/2015 6:22:00 PM

By 85 Users

*** Update: See my new submission here... http://www.exhedra.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=42918&lngWId=1 If you do want the original zip then email me at Paul_Caton@hotmail.com *** cSuperClass.cls is i believe the fastest, safest compiled in wi ...(description truncated)

Please support the site by visiting our sponsor:

Read the cpu clock cycle count for sub-microsecond timing. VB+ASM (Updated 07/05)Read the cpu clock cycle count for sub-microsecond timing. VB+ASM (Updated 07/05)VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
2528 since
2/2/2015 7:55:00 AM

By 16 Users

Pentium class cpu's include a 64 bit register that increments from power-on at the CPU clock frequency. With a 2GHz processor, you have in effect, a 2GHz clock. The cCpuClk class allows the user to retrieve the 64 bit CPU clock cycle count into a passed c ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Self Deleting exeSelf Deleting exeVB 6.0Advanced /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
3475 since
2/21/2015 6:53:00 AM

By 6 Users

I was searching around for a self-deleting exe technique. There is one here on PSC (70747) but it has a few problems... it doesn't work on a 64-bit OS (easily fixed), creates a remote thread that can look suspicious to real-time AV. So, this is my version ...(description truncated)

SelfSub 2.1 updates and additions. Apr 13SelfSub 2.1 updates and additions. Apr 13VB 6.0Intermediate /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
3242 since
2/15/2015 1:07:00 AM

By 49 Users

What: the latest version of my subclassing components. Why: this update fixes DEP (Data Execution Prevention) issues on 64bit Windows and XP SP2 with NX/XD cpu support. Additionally, I’ve eliminated the public callback; here the self-sub callback is ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Self-subclassing Controls/Forms - NO dependencies. Updated 09/10Self-subclassing Controls/Forms - NO dependencies. Updated 09/10VB 5.0, VB 6.0Advanced /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
3705 since
2/7/2015 1:57:00 PM

By 70 Users

VB makes it easy to compile controls into an application if you have the source. It's much more convenient for users if the only file that needs to be added to the project is just the controlís ctl file. If the Control uses subclassing, then you're out of ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Simple Self-Subclassing - ResubmittedSimple Self-Subclassing - ResubmittedVB 6.0Advanced /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
2154 since
2/21/2015 6:03:00 AM

By 16 Users

Simple self-sunlassed form and usercontrol -- fixed for XP... hopefully.Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Universal dll function caller, CDECL & stdcall with .bas/.cls/.frm/.ctl callbacksUniversal dll function caller, CDECL & stdcall with .bas/.cls/.frm/.ctl callbacksVB 6.0Advanced /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
5880 since
2/18/2015 9:58:00 AM

By 21 Users

I received a report recently that my 2003 CDECL submission had generated DEP errors on Server 2003. I've updated that submission, but whilst doing so, I saw the potential for some improvements. Enhancements that really needed a new submission. Features: T ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Universal dll function caller, updateUniversal dll function caller, updateVB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
5042 since
2/18/2015 5:55:00 PM

By 22 Users

Just an update responding to previous user requests. Added fastcall support, call by pointer and every return type I could think of: Byte, Integer, Long, 64bit, Single, Double and none. March 10: two asm optimizations and some comments fixed. March 17: La ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

UPDATED 10/21/03 - Detect cpu make, model, features, cache, speed etc.UPDATED 10/21/03 - Detect cpu make, model, features, cache, speed etc.VB 6.0Advanced /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
4021 since
2/4/2015 1:53:00 AM

By 53 Users

x86 cpu's have the ability to self-report their make, model, family, features, cache details etc. The included cCPUID class allows the programmer to execute this instruction and retrieve the results. To abstract the complexities of decoding the CPUID data ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Updated 3/07 -  VB+ASM Subclass, Hook, Timer, Api-Window class thunks, w/ Form fade/shadow sampleUpdated 3/07 - VB+ASM Subclass, Hook, Timer, Api-Window class thunks, w/ Form fade/shadow sampleVB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
4101 since
1/30/2015 7:18:00 PM

By 71 Users

Superceded by this submission http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/showcode.asp?txtCodeId=51403&lngWId=1 Updated 3/07 - Just minor stuff --- My cSuperClass submission's download link appears broken so I thought it was about time I made a new entr ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

VB+ASM - How to break into the Visual Studio debugger.VB+ASM - How to break into the Visual Studio debugger.VB 5.0, VB 6.0Advanced /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
2337 since
2/4/2015 12:32:00 AM

By 30 Users

The included cDebug.cls class allows the user to break their application (or the VB IDE if run from there, not recommended) into the Visual Studio debugger. Make the sample project, run the executable, click the 'Break into debugger' button, a dialog will ...(description truncated)

WinSubHook2 Thunks - updated 2/13WinSubHook2 Thunks - updated 2/13VB 5.0, VB 6.0Advanced /
Paul Caton (from psc cd)
3741 since
2/5/2015 4:43:00 PM

By 42 Users

Version 2 of my funky thunks. Teaser: check out the global keyboard hook sample as the basis of a spy app... with active app tracking. Update 2/13 minor enhancement to cTimer.clsClick here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Search Results: Page 1 of 1 found. Entries 1 - 14 of 14 found

Compatibility Filter Profile:

VB 3.0
VB 4.0 (16-bit)
VB 4.0 (32-bit)
VB 5.0
VB 6.0
VB Script
ASP (Active Server Pages)
VBA MS Access
VBA MS Excel