Important alert: (current site time 10/2/2014 12:00:34 AM EDT)

winzip icon

An Advanced Scientific Calculator

Email
Submitted on: 1/5/2000
By: Anil  
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 14 Users
Compatibility: VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0
Views: 70783

Hi folks. This is an advanced scientific calculator version -2 . Performs trignometric , logarithamic , exponential functions , memory operations. Also it can store infinite number of values in memory u can view and copy down the values from memory to your display. Compleete source code is avail in ZIP. Thanks for your cooperations .....also don't forget to rate the software please.

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this code, you agree to the following terms...   
  1. You may use this code in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.
  2. You MAY NOT redistribute this code (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
  3. You may link to this code from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
  4. You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the code or code's description.

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Advanced category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

2/3/2000 9:35:56 PMomar

Hi Anil,
I'm Omar. I recently downloaded to of you programs from
Planet-Source Code (Address Book & Scientific Calculator). I just started
to design a new VB web-site and I was wondering if you could give me the
permission to post your code on my web-site. If you want you could take a
look for youself

(http://www.codearchive.com/home/omar/index.htm).
* It is still in its early stage there is not much on it.

Currently I'm trying to learn VB on my own and there are a few things that
I do understand. for example,

The Purpose of "Redim"

Could you explain what it is used for and also, what would be a good reason
for using it. An example would be gladly appreciated.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------

If
you want to take a look at my codes you can go to Planet-Source Code
and search for "OmarSwan". These programs were created using VB6.

Thanks
OmarSwan

(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

2/3/2000 9:37:46 PMakira

Dear Nagalla,

How are you? My name is Attila and I'm the Director of Akira Group of
Companies. I saw your Calculator VB Code and It looks good

2/3/2000 9:38:15 PMalex

Hi. I downloaded your calculator and I tryed to understand the key press event. How did you made it the when you push * for examle it executes the command button instead of appearing in text box I tryed it in my application but it just appeared in text box.

Thank You.

2/3/2000 9:41:27 PMn anil choudary

heres my answer to u'r question
------------------------------------
ok go through keypress event of text box which is nothin but the display panel there i wass checking the key u pressed and i am calling the corresponding mouse_click event of that button since i am using a control array of buttons i am calling that fuction with an interget argument called index of the key.

2/3/2000 9:42:15 PMRodolfo C. Guzman

I was cheking out your VB code for the Address book, and for the calculator.
Good job. Tell me do you happen to have an appointment book, or know of
anyone that would have something like that?

2/9/2000 12:54:41 AMGeofrey Libanan

Hello, my name is Geofrey, and I'm from Philippines. Yesterday, I came along with the planet source code, and I just got downloaded your calculator program. You know this a very good program, good coding and you did a good job on it.

However, I'm a having a problem running with the source code, because the file "scien.frm" is not included with the source code. I would appreciate if you can give me a copy of that said file or a complete copy of the source code. This is my email address - geofrey@skyinet.net (you can email the source code to this address)

Thank you for time and I'm hoping to hear from you soon.

Very truly yours,

Geofrey Libanan
Manila, Philippines

2/9/2000 5:08:02 AMAnil Choudary

Hi
The problem is with u'r unzip program use 32 bit winzip to unzip my zip file u downloaded still u had any problem feel free to contact.

2/11/2000 2:41:19 AMGeofrey Libanan

Hi, I've downloaded again the zip file, but the "scien.frm or scie.frm" in
the winzip file is missing, and VB6 is looking for it. Please send me the
entire source code.

My version of winzip is 7.0

Thanks.

2/11/2000 5:06:43 AManil choudary n

hi

anical1 and anical2 frames are there one is standard and the other is scientific calculator hope u understand

2/17/2000 4:12:15 PMJason Riley

I had the same problem with the files missing. Only all the files were "missing" in VB's eyes. I added all the .frm files (3 of them). Seemed to run fine after that. I didn't get a chance to really try it out though.

2/18/2000 9:01:32 AMMichael

Anil, My name is Jason with Onmatech.
I occasionally visits sites like this to see what kind of code programmers are producing. I was interested in your code after reasing all the feedback left about it. I have to say that it is a good program. I urge you though to try and stick to proper naming conventions though. The code may be good. but hard to debug or upkeep if another person can't tell what half the buttons are without actually stepping through to see what code each button brings up. But other than that, congratulations. You are going to make something of yourself if you keep it up!

3/28/2000 10:40:15 AMAmit sanghavi

Hi! I downloaded your program and it is very good. I however don't understant what some of the code does as i am a bigginner. So I was wandering if you can send me the annotations(notes) for what the lines of the codes does. Please send it to visuallyimpaired@hotmail.com
Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!

10/18/2001 3:20:20 AMvivek iyer

excelent code. i am trying to make calculator using vbscript,html,dhtml i got stuck in between. your code helped me a lot.good piece of work. keep it up

2/12/2002 10:55:11 AMguillame

Anil,

Nice product, Do you license it's use or have other restrictions?

3/15/2002 1:50:52 PMchikoo

Hi Anil !! I saw your code. That's nice work. Actually I was looking for the code calculating Sin Inverse and Cos Inverse. Well , You have provided buttons for that , but no code on background !! At least I didn't find. How to calculate that ?? As per my information VB don't have standard functions for that. Has it ??

4/18/2003 2:45:05 PM

Yeah, I was actually looking for the same thing. I got Atn(x)/(Pi/180) is the inverse of Tan, but I'm lost on Sin and Cos.

The rest of it's good though.

3/13/2005 11:16:18 PM

pls help me! i need to know the source code for calculator for our assignment.
tnx..........

3/13/2005 11:18:41 PM

good job

3/13/2005 11:23:12 PM

l

7/22/2006 12:01:02 AMriztch_jern

hello , i really like your calculator that you have made.. thnx for creating that program.. i helps me in my project in my subject hope i could be the best as you are too.. im a great fan of your works.. it is very nice..
hope we could be friends

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.