Important alert: (current site time 10/21/2014 3:34:00 PM EDT)

winzip icon

VbScript Editor With Intellisense

Email
Submitted on: 8/13/2007 1:44:35 PM
By: Rajneesh Noonia 
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 16 Users
Compatibility: VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages)
Views: 30055
author picture
(About the author)

Intellisense in scripting languages like vbscript is like a dream for script programmers. This goal of this project is to provide vbscript editor with intellisense like it was available in most of Microsoft language editor. The control uses the type library refrence to explore the public methods and function exposed in any com library. The script developer has to code like vb 6.0 language (Dim pConnection as ADODB.Connection) and the editor will automatically convert the code into vbscript. The complete vbscript alone with added references can be saved as xml file. The Script property of control will return the pure vbscript which can be executed using the Microsoft Script Control.

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this code, you agree to the following terms...   
  1. You may use this code in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.
  2. You MAY NOT redistribute this code (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
  3. You may link to this code from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
  4. You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the code or code's description.

Other 8 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Advanced category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

8/14/2007 2:23:14 AMRuturaaj

When Intellisense is list is shown, a form appears in the Task bar. Please correct this. Also, when I clicked on References, it did not show the list of registered controls as in screen shot. Wrapper application crashed. I've not seen your way of listing registered controls; I'll check that once I get some free time. In the mean time, please make sure if it can handle more than 700 registered components (as be the case on my test machine).
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

8/14/2007 6:11:53 AMAhmad Eissa

WOW!!! COOL!!! I give you 5 ;)

8/16/2007 11:51:17 AMV.

Very nice. 5 globes from me.
Only downside: wrapper didn't work

8/24/2007 4:48:08 PMJim Billig

Great idea. Any way to make it more like .NET where it determines the object type from the CreateObject() function? Or, when I code asp or vbscript, I often add the types commented out after the declare (e.g. Dim sTemp 'As String). Either of these ways would stop you from having to strip the types off later. Anyway, good work!

8/24/2007 4:53:50 PMJim Billig

I should have looked at the screen cap. It's has the apostrophe. ***** from me.

8/27/2007 8:12:44 AMaz1d

Nice app.

For future reference, Alt+Print screen will capture the currently active window, which will allow you to make frames in an animated gifs such as yours align more correctly.
-az1d

10/9/2007 10:54:05 AMFilipe Lage

Very, very nice... 5*
Needs some tweeking/fixing in some areas, but it's a perfect implementation of how a script editor with intellisense is supposed to be.
Great work! Keep it up!

1/22/2008 12:12:38 AMHemal

Your Project is not working
'Automation Error' has come at (Set m_TLIApplication = New TLI.TLIApplication).
In your cIntellisense clas

12/23/2008 11:28:24 PMfiziee

something wrong .It is not working in my XP machine. Everthing was done.. Register olelib.tlb and add to references.

6/11/2009 8:35:30 AMMarco Lacera

When carrying in VB6, it locked!

9/28/2009 4:45:51 AMJohn

You can also use Vbsedit ( http://www.vbsedit.com ),it's a great editor for VBScript.

8/11/2010 4:03:43 AMDave Carter

fabulous and very readable, thank you : )

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.