||6/18/2012 4:42:25 PM
||Java (JDK 1.5)
Version : WebSQLClient Release 1.0
Date : 16-June-2012
Web SQL Client (WSQLC or wiskl) is a light-weight HTTP server allowing an end-user to access JDBC data sources via automatically generated data entry screens. It has purposely been designed to be used with standard web browsers wireless tablet PCs and is highly configurable.
WebSQLClient is capable of connecting to any JDBC datasource. Its main purpose is to provide rapid data model driven development. The WebSQLClient data entry forms are generated by querying the database system table information, but can alternatively be configured manually.
WebSQLClient comprises a database agnostic data load utility (SQLLoader), a data unload tool (SQLExport) and SQL scripting capabilities.
The application is a combination of a Java based multi-threaded webserver and HTML and Java Script. The major technology used comprises : Java, jQuery, jQuery UI, jqGrid, XML, JSON, Ajax and JDBC. WSQLC’s main components are the WSQLC server and dynamically created HTML pages.
WebSQLClient has been tested against Derby, HSQLDB, Microsoft Access, MySQL, Oracle and PostGres databases.
The major components on the WSQLC Server are .
- The Session Manger, to keep track of the various active sessions of the WSQLC server
- The JDBC ConnectionPool to manage a predefined number of database client workers
- The Log Writer to accept and to spool log information
- The combination of a Controller and a Viewer implementing the Model View Controller (MVC) pattern for WSQLC. Controller and Viewer are Runnables, i.e. a thread is spawned to address each HTTP request
- The Form Renderer to create and to manage the HTML data entry forms
- A SQL Load module to load data into a target database using JDBC
- A SQL Unload and Script module to execute SQL/DML statements and to unload data sources through JDBC into flat files.
- A Form Generator that uses the information on the system table of the supported databases to create the data entry screen configuration files. WSQLC uses a proprietary format to define the tables and fields on data entry screens.
The major components on the client are
- Ajax (XMLHTTP)
- JQuery UI
27-May-2012 : Initial version
16-June-2012 : Support for Access ontrol List
The WSQLC distribution comprises all required software, apart from a Jave SDK.
Installattion instructions and user manual:
Download the latest version of the WSQL User Manual (e.g.WSQLC User Manual 20120527 V12.pdf) via http://sourceforege.net/projects/websqlclient
WSQLC (Web SQL Client) is free software
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA to obtain the GNU General Public License
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
GNU General Public License: www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
Contact details for copyright holder: email@example.com
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come
out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
- Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
- NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net
Terms of Agreement:
By using this code, you agree to the following terms...
- You may use
this code in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.
- You MAY NOT redistribute this code (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.
- You may link to this code from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame.
- You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the code or code's description.
Report Bad Submission
Other User Comments
There are no comments on this submission.
Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to
the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to
share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they
will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please
click here instead.)
To post feedback, first please login.