Fundraiser for preservation of Visual Basic 6.0 advanced open source codes

Email
Submitted on: 3/1/2016 9:44:13 PM
By: VB6 
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 1 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 8422

On this page you have not seen a movement of this kind. Now it is important. Donate as little as you can for this great cause. It is great to have around the most advanced VB6 projects at your fingertips. We all spend so much money on useless stuff, at least once let's do something that matters. This project represents an initiative for preservation of the most advanced VB6 open source codes from different sources (including those found on various corners of the Internet). Many of these advanced VB6 projects are not stored on PSC (Planet Source Code) or other convenient sources for immediate download. This project will deliver a gigantic archive that incorporates all of these VB6 advanced source codes. This archive will contain folders with the following files: 1. The VB6 source code in ZIP/RAR format 2. A screen shot of the VB6 application (if appropriate) 3. A ReadMe.txt file describing the project. The project will start from the moment the funds are raised. The project will last one month. Many in the community know me from this blog: http://vb6awards.blogspot.com/ My credentials and intentions regarding Visual Basic 6.0 can be found on the above blog. Really I do not know what to expect from this fundraising, We all spend so much money on useless stuff, at least once let's do something that matters. To DONATE visit: https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/preservation-of-visual-basic-6-0-open-source-code/

winzip iconDownload article

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 7 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this article (in the Advanced category)?
(The article with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

3/2/2016 12:59:16 PMRobert Rayment

PSC is already a bit of a mess and people like you who selfishly hog the front page or two make it even more unattractive.
Does it not occur to you that other people would like their program to be seen for a while and not be shoved way down the order so soon.

(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

3/7/2016 12:49:40 PMStop spamming!

Good luck, I don't think you'll gain much traction though!
As Robert said, stop spamming PSC with drivel like this! I'm sure you used to go under previous names such as captain picard or BIOMEG or other psudo names.
If you like VB6 and want to continue to use it, then do, we all know MS have moved away from it and it's blatantly clear that there is nothing that can bring it back, so move on!

3/7/2016 10:44:37 PMVB6

spare us all your comments!

Visual Basic 6.0 superiority over .NET and the anger towards Microsoft: http://meritus.kinja.com/visual-basic-6-0-superiority-over-net-and-the-anger-to-17625291 92

3/8/2016 1:15:03 AMBlah Blah Blah

Yes, we all know the anger towards .net etc etc etc, stop flogging a dead horse, your link 404's by the way, there are only a handful of people who are still in denial that Microsoft are going to bring back classic VB, they are not!

3/8/2016 5:45:20 AMVB6

Only Microsoft is still in denial because current Visual Studio is not used.
Microsoft is no longer a power therefore should be in line with what the people want ... if MS wants to survive.

You are blind and do not see what happens, VB6 is the most used language from Microsoft.

3/8/2016 10:13:26 PMBlah Blah Blah

Whether they are in denial or not, the fact is clear, .NET is not going to go away anytime soon, and VB6 is not going to be revived. I am not blind, I work with FACTS, not dream fan fiction, if you want to continue to use VB6 then do, it still works and it's a good language, BUT, rest assured, the newer Visual Studio offerings are used, widely.

3/8/2016 11:49:20 PMVB6

"Visual Studio offerings are used, widely." - you must be desperate. Nop, they are not used ! Only VS6 is ;)

3/9/2016 12:10:45 PMStop spamming!

I don't know where you get your search results from, but "Visual Studio offerings are used, widely." - Yup, why must I be desperate, for what? I don't care what version of VS you use, or what version of VB is used, the point I was making is VB6 is not going to be reincarnated, so stop whinging about it.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular article, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.