Email
Submitted on: 2/7/2018 4:04:03 PM
By: Robert Rayment 
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 2 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 908
author picture

PaintRR by Robert Rayment..(Update Feb 2018)..1. Correction for GDIPlusToken value (MS changed for Win 10( Thanks Tanner Helland)). 2.Extra drawing tools plus variable blurring and Brushes, see Screenshot and PaintRRUpdate.txt _____________________ This painting program puts together a lot of the things I've done separately before but with changes; true color, additions & improvements (hopefully). Too many things to describe here - so a list. 26 Main menu items, over 260 Drawing tools (arranged in 19 Tool groups), 60 Filters, 74 Deformers, 30 More Effects, 6 Textures, 14 Half-Tones all with variations and animation, Print Preview, Image merging, Draw mode, Zoom mode, Trace mode, Clipboard functions, bmp, jpeg, gif, png & tif saving, picture drop onto exe, ini file for recent files, form locations, saved colors and color scheme etc, etc. Important to read the on-screen help. In particular the drawing method and running in the IDE with a clipped mouse and break points. If you don't COMPILE this program you'll not see the benefit! Only fully tested on WinXP and Win7 but tested OK by others on WinME, Vista & Win8.1. Acknowledgements in the help file. I enjoyed writing this and hope you at least find it entertaining:) NOTE: If the chm help file, PaintRR_Imp.chm, does not work then open it on it's own and uncheck the security button or maybe Unblock and open.

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Advanced category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

2/8/2018 5:42:09 PMDavid

Thank you Robert.
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

2/10/2018 5:51:49 AMGreyling007

The Help screens seem to be empty. The titles are there but when I click on one, the subject is blank. Am I missing something? --WinXP VB6 SP6 --

2/12/2018 3:52:56 PMRobert Rayment

Greyling007: I downloaded again but get no problem with help chm. If you haven't tried it I suggest try opening the PaintRR_Imp.chm by itself. If it still fails then maybe WinXP is rejecting it.

2/13/2018 3:32:40 PMGreyling007

I re-D/L'd it, but still no luck. I also tried to open the help by itself with same result. It will load and you can see in the left column the title subjects, but when you click on one, it fails to open... You might be right about it being XP. I am disabled and have no way to afford a new PC. I think I might be the sole lone hold out for XP around here. You program looks great! Thanks for reply.

2/14/2018 4:29:04 PMRobert Rayment

Greyling007: sorry about that. I use HelpNDoc to create chm files,

Recommended Configuration:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- 512MB of RAM
- 80MB of free disk space
- 1024x768 screen resolution or higher
- Help Compiler: Microsoft HTML Help Workshop. Download: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=14188

Not sure if that's a clue.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.