XORer Graphic Pattern Update

Email
Submitted on: 2/8/2020 9:15:15 PM
By: Eddie Bole 
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 3 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 1741

An update that makes nice colourful XOR patterns (almost like tablecloth patterns). I ended up using Paul's great optimized code and added a drag "resize dots" on the edge of the picturebox to size and save the rendered XOR graphic to a desired size. The weather here in Melbourne has finally become a bit cooler. We had some really terrible scorching HOT weather followed by lots of destructive wind. Enjoy.

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 155 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

1/10/2020 8:53:44 PMKenneth Foster

Eddie , I had the same problem of picture disappearing. My workaround was to save the image as a bitmap and then turn around and reload it back again. Its not pretty but it works. Still using some of your code. Will be uploading soon so you can look at it . Hope the smoke is'nt too bad today.
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

1/10/2020 9:25:14 PMEddie Bole

Hi Kenneth. Thanks for the hints on trying to retain the picture. I had a similar problem with the dashed line thicker than one API code. I think this has got to do with the setpixel api, but saving it will work. I also trying to find out how to get a constant gold/yellow xor pettern like in the screen shot above (but with all the squares gold). You are also welcome to use any code. I like seeing how people can make use of it in various other forms. Did you end up auto filling filling the line patterns for the line pattern program you were working on? If not I might try to do it? The weather today is finally much better than the smokey stinking hot air that was around for the last 2 weeks. Most people needed to stay indoors because of the health risks. Signing off for now. Ed.

1/10/2020 11:58:51 PMKenneth Foster

Yes I fixed the auto fill. That will be in my next upload on a small drawing shapes program.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.